Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why I support the Reproductive Health Bill?


Picture of a rally supporting the passage of Reproductive Health Bill

This comment came from another person but I was convinced by this that I should support the passage of Reproductive Health Bill into law:

Actually, they're not ENCOURAGING grade 5's to have sex. They tell you the diseases you can get from having sex. HIV/AIDS is a nasty thing. It teaches how to reduce your chance of becoming pregnant. I can tell you most diseases... from STI's right at the top of my head and tell you what they do. They don't really tell you much in grade 5. They just tell you the boys and girls private parts and to respect each gender. The RH bill has good intentions, although many people oppose it. That's what's sad.

Go on ahead if you want to protest the RH bill but I can guarantee that Sexually Transmitted Infections will be more common amongst people and the population will continue to increase, rapidly. Just remember this, the Philippines is a small country, people aren't the only organisms living on that island. No natural resources = dead.

I've already made up my mind, I'd rather help reduce or stabilize the population then let STI's dominate the Philippines.

Think about it....Canada -> 2nd largest country in the world, yet it has a little over 36 million people. Philippines -> Not even half the size of Canada's provinces and territories yet, it has almost 100,000,000 people. Yes, you're right, countries are laughing at the Philippines because they DON'T SUPPORT CONTRACEPTIVES and they're such a small country, yet has so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment